Recent Successes and Transactions:
- Successfully represented real estate developer clients in over $60 million of closed tax-credit and bond-financed real estate transactions for projects located throughout the southeastern United States.
- Recovered over $1.5 million on behalf of clients of our firm from the BP Deepwater Horizon Class Action Settlement Program (Business Economic Loss claims).
- Negotiation (on behalf of the Seller) and drafting transaction-documents for the sale of multi-million dollar Jackson, Mississippi, hotel.
- Representation of Canadian oil-services supplier in the highly-complex and massive Cook Inlet Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; defended client in adversary proceeding initiated by the Unsecured Creditors’ Liquidation Trust that sought the claw-back of an alleged preference payment under Section 504 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code (United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Alaska).
- Multiple six-figure settlement in legal malpractice case against one of the oldest, largest, and most powerful law firms in the state of Mississippi.
- Successful settlement in putative Title VII class action suit in federal court (Southern District of Mississippi) for racial discrimination.
- Settlement in seven-figure real estate fraud and legal malpractice case in multipIe-jurisdiction-Iitigation in Mississippi state courts (Hinds and Madison Counties).
- Obtained complete release of mortgage by Bank of New York Mellon against property on behalf of a large Mississippi real estate developer in Mississippi Chancery Court (Hinds County).
- Obtained six-ﬁgure settlement against Mississippi electrical cooperative on behalf of a real estate developer and tenant for fire to home at residential subdivision in Mississippi Delta Humphreys County).
- Obtained a multiple six-ﬁgure settlement in construction defect case in Mississippi federal court against out-of-state specialty-contractor and architect near McComb, Mississippi (Pike County).
- Obtained judgment of over $500,000.00 against large regional bank operating in Mississippi for failing to exercise reasonable diligence in the disbursement of project-funds for a non-foreclosed residential real estate development in Biloxi, Mississippi (Harrison County).
- Large ﬁve-ﬁgure settlement in case against large Mississippi-based bank for wrongful foreclosure, conversion of property, and for (gross) negligence (Scott County).
- Multiple six-figure settlement (100 cents on the dollar) of construction dispute between general contractor and real estate developer in lawsuit in Louisiana federal court stemming from a project located in Ville Platte, Louisiana, and financed under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Hudson v. Big Four Companies d/b/a Windows USA and Wells Fargo, NA, 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 152630 (S.D. Miss. 2016).
- In Re Cook Inlet Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, 2017 Bankr. LEXIS 776 (Bankr. D. Alaska 2017).
- Miller v. Siegen 7 Homes, LLC, et. al., 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 126574 (S.D. Miss. 2014).
- Triangle Construction Co., Inc. v. Fouche and Associates, Inc., 2015-CA-01585-COA (Miss. Ct. App. 2017).
- Soni v. Dhaliwal, 203 So. 3d 628 (Miss. Ct. App. 2016).
Recent (and Upcoming) Speaking Engagements:
- “Title Law A to 2" (Topics Covered: Endorsements and Exclusion to Title Insurance Policies; Obtaining Additional Title Insurance Coverage; The Title Insurance Commitment and Closing Letters); National Business Institute; March 7, 2017; Jackson, Mississippi.
- ”Collection Law: Start to Finish" (Topics Covered: The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act; Key State and Federal Laws, Regulations, and Case Law Governing Debt Collection; Oven/iew of Debt Collection Letters and Forms; Insight from the Debtor’s Attorney - What You Need to Know; and Avoiding Ethical Tangles in Collections); National Business Institute; July 26, 2017; Jackson, Mississippi.